Five years ago, analysts estimated 50 billion devices by 2020.
With a new decade just around the corner and the number of connected devices sitting at the single digit mark, you might think this missed projection signals failure but really it is just a symptom of overhype. Actually, IoT growth shows no signs of slowing down.
Research from Arm estimates one trillion devices by 2035.
In this new issue of Tech Trends, we pull focus to the next phase in IoT – hyperscale device and data management – managing devices and the data they create to generate valuable insights without the costs running away with themselves will be a massive challenge and absolutely essential for success.
Register here to read Tech Trends
Editors overview – Page 4
IoT devices set the challenge of data with destiny
News – Page 6
A round up of the latest IoT device and data news
Analyst report – 8
How to prepare device management for hyperscale in IoT
Interview – Page 12
Data volume and variety makes device management vital for efficient IoT data processing
Device Security – Page 16
Why a trusted device equals trusted data
Cloud vs On-Prem – Page 20
Should you manage your device data on the cloud or on your premises?
Device Lifecycle Management – 22
Good device management can underpin successful data strategies
- What Is an Exoskeleton Suit?
- Where can you use an ultrasonic motor?
- Smart Camera: System That You Can Use for a Wide Variety of Purposes
- Why Is the Smart Toothbrush Better Than a Regular One?
- Microcontrollers: An Integral Part of Embedded Hardware
- Air Quality Monitoring System: Why It’s So Important in Modern Realities