What Are Connected Devices?
Connected devices are physical objects that can connect with each other and other systems via the Internet. They span everything from traditional computing hardware, such as a laptop or desktop, to common mobile devices, such as a smartphone or tablet, to an increasingly wide range of physical devices and objects. This growing list of objects includes household appliances, heating and cooling systems, vehicles, health and fitness monitors, environmental sensors, and more.
Why Connected Devices?
Properly managed connected devices offer significant value to businesses, from improved decision-making using robust and accurate data, bottom-line savings via greater efficiencies in energy consumption and other costs, to improved safety and security through real-time tracking and monitoring.
As part of the IoT / Internet of Things, for example, connected devices offer notable potential for new business models and revenue-generating opportunities.
What we do:
Secure Device-to-Device, Device-to-Server and Device-to-Cloud connectivity
- Middleware platforms integration
- Indoor positioning services
- Precision navigation technology
- Custom software for drones and unmanned vehicles
- Connected vehicles and telematics
- Connected interiors and smart home solutions
Explore our IoT expertise
ADUK accumulated extensive experience with Internet of Things solutions and services. Our embedded software development teams create IoT systems that boost operational efficiency and cut costs across a wide range of industries. We cooperate with aviation technology, energy, manufacturing, and other companies supporting their data-driven optimizations and digital transformations.
Our dedicated development team uses connectivity, sensors, cloud computing, and data science to monitor hardware and schedule equipment maintenance at the right time.
Some of our services include:
Embedded & Mobile Application Development
These services deliver new and innovative use cases enabled by next generation technologies through applications deployed on the smart device and in the cloud.
They encompass deep expertise in different device SDKs like Android, iOS, Windows, HTML5, in application development on constrained embedded devices running RTOS type primitive application deployment environments and web application development on JAVA based application deployment infrastructure deployed in the cloud.
The middleware environment helps bridge the chips, connectivity, multimedia and user experience.
Protocol Engineering & Component Development
Accelerate development, testing and certification of connectivity interfaces of customer products.
It involves development of SDK’s and protocol stacks for 2G/3G & LTE for UE modem, short-range connectivity technologies like WiFi, Bluetooth / BLE, Zigbee and NFC, streaming and media transport technologies like HLS, MPEG-DASH, MTP.
To deliver error-free operation with consistent performance at the optimal power point by defining and executing robust processes of integrating hardware, OS, drivers, middleware and applications for smart devices.
System Test & Validation
Execute and validate compliance to functional and non-functional requirements, standards, interoperability and usability of a smart device to ensure consistent user experience and robust performance in real world scenarios.
Includes pre-certification testing and operator specific certification and field testing that requires expertise in T&M equipment from vendors like Rhode & Schwarz, Keysight, Ixia, Anritsu.
Embedded Platform Engineering
Thermal and mechanical, design analysis and simulation, design validation, manufacturing support and prototyping.
- Design to help implementation of new and unique interaction models that bring differentiation to customer products.
- Deep expertise in experience design, multimedia, connectivity (short range and backhaul), embedded software, board and chip design essential to deliver the right performance at the right price point without compromising on the design concept.
- Strong and growing list of alliances and partnerships across the entire devices eco-system.
- Our technology innovation group continuously experiments with the latest technologies and collaborates with communities and industry forums.
- Our portfolio of enabling software solutions is available across multiple operating systems and target platforms.