In order to maintain order and control personal property, it was worth thinking about fences and security before. Now, in the era of rapid improvement of all spheres, you can no longer chase the number of guards with flashlights or the height of your fences. It is necessary to approach the issue of security from the point of view of technologies that will help both reduce the staff of live security and improve the ability of the security system to resist unwanted intrusion into the facility.
Cameras, a checkpoint system, and all sorts of other sensors immediately come to mind to help in this matter. We suggest you consider one of the newest and most reliable options – a vibration sensor system.
The correct choice of a sensor that provides important operational information increases the safety of both equipment and personnel. The variety of sensors is determined by various operating conditions of the equipment, such as temperature limits, magnetic fields, vibration range, frequency range, electromagnetic compatibility (EMC), and electrostatic discharge (ESD), and the required signal quality.
Measuring vibration is a difficult task. In order for this to work clearly, it is worth taking care of optimizing the range of vibration measurement sensors in terms of maximum performance in a variety of industrial applications.
The wide range of vibration sensor options offered is due to the fact that the vibration sensor has many characteristics that can change, including dynamic characteristics such as amplitude-frequency response, sensitivity, and accuracy. Physical characteristics such as temperature characteristics, dimensions, and location of connectors are also taken into account.
These characteristics are taken into account when step detection of intruders who appeared in the protected area. The accuracy of detecting steps or equipment (up to 3-6 meters) in real time depends on the accuracy of the sensors. This is a very important unit when performing the main function – object detection.
Below is a list of the most common areas of industry in which vibration monitoring is used. ADUK’s experience in developing and adapting sensors helps to choose the best vibration sensor for a particular industry.
- General industrial application, food industry
- Oil and gas production, oil refining, petrochemical products
- Energy (fossil fuels, nuclear, and hydropower)
- Mining, mining and processing, and cement industries
- Special models for portable data collectors/analyzers
In all cases, different accuracy and vibration sensor options are required. For example, with a protected military facility, it is worth recording all possible data in real time, especially the location of an object and its direction of movement. Some of the above functions are not required in other industries.
The piezoelectric ICP sensor consists directly of a piezoelectric element, an internal signal preamplifier, and a special electrostatic screen. The sensor is connected using a two-wire circuit. The power supply is provided by a DC source – up to 20 mA, and at the output the device outputs a voltage with a variable component of 8 V and a constant of 10 V.
Advantages of vibration sensor and how does it work
Why should a digital vibration sensor be chosen as one of the main elements of your security system? Because they combine many properties that existing other components of security systems cannot provide:
- large selection providing measure vibration frequency of acoustic waves;
- excellent linear amplitude characteristics in a wide dynamic range;
- possibility of use with integrators connected to the output of the vibration converter;
- high quality of execution, providing minimal dependence on various external factors, such as temperature, pressure, humidity, magnetic and electric fields, shock loads, industrial interference, and others;
- small-sized design that provides good sensitivity indicators in relation to its own weight;
- Low visibility of a properly installed device;
- exact compliance of the characteristics with the parameters stated in the technical documentation;
- the possibility of performing ground based sensor in explosion-proof versions.
How is the frequency of vibrations measured? The work can be based on a vibration acceleration converter – accelerometers, which are two piezoelectric disks with a heavy mass attached to them, which in turn is loaded with a rigid spring. As a result of the vibrations of this mass, variable forces are created on the piezoelectric elements, which leads to the appearance of a voltage on the plates of the disks, the magnitude of which is proportional to the applied forces, and, accordingly, vibration acceleration. Vibrating piezo sensors are widely used to measure high-frequency vibration accelerations, the frequency of which can reach 20 kHz.
How to develop sensors to detect object location
ADUK presents the opportunity to create its own custom remote vibration sensor of different types (for different needs) with built-in electronics that meet current ICP standards. They can be used both independently and as part of diagnostic systems, monitoring, and protection of equipment of different types of production.
ADUK also offers various accessories for vibration sensors, including sensor cables, connectors, mounting fixtures, and much more. A description of the various accessories for vibration sensors is provided in the ADUK vibration sensor catalog.
You can order embedded firmware development of your own turnkey system by writing to us on the website.
- Smart Thermostat: How Does it Work and Benefits
- How to Use Lasers in Dentistry?
- ADUK GmbH and the Professional Association of Ecologists of Ukraine signed a Memorandum on legal, educational and scientific activities in the field of applied ecology
- Smart Sensors – Key Factor for the IoT
- Remote Temperature Monitoring System: Why It’s Important and How to Develop It
- Object detection sensor. How to detect unwanted visitors in advance?