Global technical body, EMVCo has confirmed its security evaluation methodologies and processes support Internet of Things (IoT) payment use cases, enabling emerging solutions and devices to be evaluated quickly and efficiently.
Device hardware evaluations are playing an increasingly important role in IoT assessments across various IoT payment use cases, security frameworks and emerging compliance models. EMVCo, in collaboration with globally recognised independent laboratories, has worked since 2005 to evaluate the security of various EMV hardware form factors and acts as a security certification entity. This function is now extended to IoT products and solutions. In addition to hardware product certification, EMVCo also delivers software security assessments of various interfaces and payment security functional requirements of IoT products.
“The IoT is creating new ways to pay, with payment functionality enabled across various industries globally,” comments Bruce Rutherford, chair of the EMVCo Executive Committee. “This innovation needs to be balanced with functionality, usability and security. By optimising existing processes to support new IoT payment use cases, EMVCo brings efficiencies and confidence to the IoT payment ecosystem, and an established framework of payment expertise.”
Comment on this article below or via Twitter:
- Smart Thermostat: How Does it Work and Benefits
- How to Use Lasers in Dentistry?
- ADUK GmbH and the Professional Association of Ecologists of Ukraine signed a Memorandum on legal, educational and scientific activities in the field of applied ecology
- Smart Sensors – Key Factor for the IoT
- Remote Temperature Monitoring System: Why It’s Important and How to Develop It
- Object detection sensor. How to detect unwanted visitors in advance?