MachNation software for IoT platform performance testing also verifies vendors’ scalability claims
MachNation, a testing and benchmarking firm for IoT platforms, has launched MIT-E Performance (MIT-E Pf). MIT-E Pf, is said to be the world’s first software built exclusively for performance and scalability testing of Internet of Things (IoT) platforms and solutions, and can verify platform performance up to 10 million IoT devices and 1 million IoT messages per second.
MIT-E Pf meets all requirements for IoT platform performance testing.
- Purpose-built for IoT: MIT-E Pf simulates real-world IoT message flows while identifying and tracking every message.
- Scalable, cloud native, and API based: MIT-E Pf scales to match customer needs while systematically orchestrating the spin-up and spin-down processes.
- Template driven: Customers can use MachNation’s pre-designed, best-in-class templates or easily design custom test templates in MIT-E Pf.
- Open data and analytics: MachNation developers and data scientists have built a MIT-E Pf reporting and big data engine that delivers analytics reports and easily makes data available for customers’ BI tools.
- Operated and managed by IoT experts at MachNation: MIT-E Pf is supported by developers and testers at MachNation who use IoT platforms daily.
Enterprises, service providers, and IoT platform vendors now have an independent, accurate, and reproducible way to measure IoT performance without impacting their deployments in the field. MachNation designed MIT-E Pf to deliver groundbreaking accuracy while ensuring that enterprise production deployments are isolated from the testing process.
“MachNation, a company known for exceptional technology skills and fact-based insights, is entering a new phase by launching performance testing software for IoT platforms and solutions. MIT-E Pf will revolutionise the way enterprises design, procure, and test IoT platforms,” says Steve Hilton, president, MachNation. “No longer will enterprises need to rely on IoT vendors’ claims about the scalability of their solutions.”
Designed using the newest industry-standard software and development methodologies, MachNation can deploy MIT-E Pf on-premises or in the cloud. Leveraging serverless microservices and containerised load generation, MachNation has created an infrastructure as code (IaC) tool that can test even the most dynamic and scalable IoT platform.
“We have designed MIT-E Pf from the ground up with the IoT user in mind. We saw a huge void in the market for IoT-centric performance testing software, so we started with a clean sheet of paper and have built a tool that is template-based, simulates real-world IoT message flows, and is API driven,” said Samuel Hale, Technology analyst and MIT-E Pf head architect, MachNation.
MachNation continues to add new functionality, testing templates, and metrics to MIT-E Pf. With 4 performance categories, 20 performance tests, and 67 metrics per load schedule, MIT-E Pf sets the industry standard for IoT-first performance testing software.
Comment on this article below or via Twitter:
- Personal safety devices for elderly: emergency button
- Energy Management Systems: why they are useful for business and not only
- How to improve air quality with an air purification system
- Keyless entry car: technology that makes life easier
- How to Create an Effective Monitoring System?
- Preparing for the Project: Why Do You Need a Software Design Document