LoRa Alliance to demo utilities’ networking applications and DLMS collaboration at EUW in Paris
The LoRa Alliance, the global association of companies backing the open LoRaWAN standard for the Internet of Things (IoT) low-power wide-area networks (LPWANs), will showcase its collaboration with the DLMS User Association at European Utility Week (EUW, November 12-14 (Stand N128). The event is being held at the Paris Expo Porte de Versailles, Paris, France.
The DLMS User Association is a non-profit organisation that develops, maintains, supports and promotes the DLMS/COSEM specification for data exchange for smart metering, smart energy management, and related fields. The LoRa Alliance has a liaison with DLMS to develop and support a new DLMS communication profile over LoRaWAN networks, which emphasises the versatility of LoRaWAN.
“Utilities are one of the leading applications for LoRaWAN,” said Donna Moore, CEO and chairwoman of the LoRa Alliance. “LoRaWAN is the global de facto unlicensed LPWAN standard, with capabilities like firmware updates over the air that allow for detecting and shutting down leaks, and an ability to penetrate through ground, metal and concrete to connect to hard-to-reach devices. LoRaWAN is easy to implement, cost-effective to deploy and achieves rapid ROI. In addition, our collaboration with DLMS demonstrates the strength of our technology and its ability to address critical market needs.”
The LoRa Alliance booth will also feature demo pods from member companies Acklio, IHM Pacific, Proesys and Vertical M2M:
- Acklio will highlight the importance of the SCHC adaptation layer, the core innovation behind Acklio’s software solutions that enable the compatibility of smart meters using IP communication with LoRaWAN.
- IHM Pacific will showcase single-phase din rail smart meter with LoRaWAN communication, designed and produced by Andrea Informatique.
- ProEsys will show LoRaWAN solutions for monitoring critical infrastructures like railways, energy transportation and roads for long-term structural issues.
- Vertical M2M will feature a water metering use case with Axioma, a heat and cooling use case with Landis+Gyr, and a remote pipe control use case with Strega technologies.
Additionally, the Euridis association will showcase the first implementation of DLMS over LoRaWAN featuring electricity network products from Cahors and Sicame with support from Acklio, Actility, Semtech and Vientech.
Finally, LoRaWAN Ambassador Rémi Demerlé will present in the Hub Sessions Programme on “New Digital Applications of LoRaWAN” as part of the Digitalisation Track taking place in Theatre 3.
Comment on this article below or via Twitter:
- How You Can Save Life Or Lives Of Your Beloved With One Device
- Business In A New Way: The Coronavirus Pandemic Is A Boost For Online Commerce
- 6 Anti-Crisis Tips For Entrepreneurs
- How The Neural Network Learned To Understand Emotions On The TV Series “Friends”
- Thermal Imager: Where Traditional Camera Tech Falls Short
- Four Myths About The Quarantine What An Employer Should Not Believe