Come to think of it, you’re not so alone in this world. Even if you think so, your housemates may be mice and rats, cockroaches and ants, fleas and lice, moths, mosquitoes, spiders, and many other small creatures.
Artificial night lighting can cause a decrease in the number of insects, according to German experts from EurekAlert!. According to scientists, too bright nights can affect insects as much as pesticides and climate change.
In 2018, scientists from the Hefei Institute of Intelligent Machines of the Chinese Academy of Sciences developed a unique smartphone app that can recognize more than 50 species of mosquitoes to further combat them.
However, ADUK GmbH has our own Development for timely detection and a further selection of solutions for insects in the agricultural sector. We called it the Mosquito Sensor. It is an insect sensor array that tailored end-to-end technology solutions for easy, safe and low-cost targeted approaches to agriculture. It allows making well-informed decisions about when to spray the crops, and how to target.
Well, let’s see what methods of solving this problem, other than chemistry, we offer.
ABOUT THE PROBLEM
The main goal is to create a device for tracking small objects, which in this case were insects. The customer`s general wish was to ensure the possibility of registering and informing about the appearance of insects.
The development of this sensor was required to determine the environmental situation in the field of agriculture. As you may know, insect populations are quite sensitive to minimal changes in the environment. They can indicate many factors: from fertility and the right climate and humidity to prevent the extinction of the entire crop.
However, it is worth noting that there are insects that will feed on the crop. In this case, you should already pay attention to the methods of extermination of these individuals to obtain a high-quality crop in full quantity.
FEATURES & TECH STACK
We have come to the solution of this task as our Design Flow prescribes.
First, we estimated the time spent and informed our client about the cost of the project. After confirmation, we started planning our work, selecting the necessary technologies and equipment.
We decided to add some Features, they are:
- using a sensor array, which can be deployed in certain geometry pattern (could be selected by the user);
- the system can register particular insects at the same time, and transfer this data;
- we chose sensor array because the advantage over using a single sensor lies in the fact that an array adds new dimensions to the observation, helping to estimate more parameters and improve the estimation performance;
- another feature is that the user can specify the number of sensors, and then connect them to one network.
To complete this task we used the next technologies:
1. Network protocols:
2. Material base:
- Cortex M4 ultra-low power;
- STM32L4 series MCU;
3. Transmitting protocols:
- M2X API;
4. Programming environments and languages:
At the end of creating this product, we tested all prototypes and prepare the best one for the customer. After testing with the customer, remains the last step: Mass-Production of the Product. Also, we can help with that step and you won’t waste your time looking for a good manufacturer.
- Personal safety devices for elderly: emergency button
- Energy Management Systems: why they are useful for business and not only
- How to improve air quality with an air purification system
- Keyless entry car: technology that makes life easier
- How to Create an Effective Monitoring System?
- Preparing for the Project: Why Do You Need a Software Design Document